[Sca-cooks] Dr. Eugene Anderson

Ginny Claphan mizginny at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 15 08:54:37 PDT 2002

All this talk of Dr. Paul Buell is quite interesting, but we shouldn't forget
Dr. Eugene Anderson's contributions to Soup for the Qan. He's the co-author.
Dr. Anderson is a professor of Anthropology at UC Berkeley. Along with KC
Chang's book, Food in Chinese Culture (1977), His book The Food of China
(1988), sparked my fascination in the anthropological, economic, and cultural
factors surrounding cookery, not just the ingredients and recipes.

Note: Just looked on Acanthus books' website. PPC 60, which contains his
article regarding Ni Tsan and his Cloud Forest Hall for eating and drinking, is
out of print. :(. However, PPC 61,which contains Francoise Sabban's commentary,
is still in print.

Cheers!
Ms. Gwyneth