[Sca-cooks] Mr Picky and his Mom-OT, OOP

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Apr 18 16:10:22 PDT 2002

Hey everyone!

Just to check in- I picked up my son and took him off to the bustling
metropolis of Sutherlin, Oregon, made him help move some stuff around, fed
him well and let him drink Pepsi. Got him to talk a little (not much, but
enough to get a better grasp of how he's thinking). Monday we went back to
Eugene and after much frustration with agencies and entities I found the
triage unit and got him in. They said yes, he's profoundly clinically
depressed, but not yet suicidal so we have a little space. He will probably
need medication, and frequent monitoring. The kink is that his dad is not
groking how serious this is, and is not especially motivated about making
sure Stephen gets the follow-up he needs. I might have to get mean, which I
don't want to do but hey- for my kid? I'd face the lions!

Anyway, that's the news, such as it is...

'Lainie