[Sca-cooks] Chinese sausage

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Apr 26 22:21:16 PDT 2002

> Chinese sausage???
> --Maire, curious (and now really wanting breakfast, thankyouverymuch
> <g>)

Thank you for asking this.

I am thinking about making a tour of some of the ethnic groceries
around town tomorrow. Mainly Mediterranean and Asian. Anyway, I think
I remember seeing something that looked like sausage links in some
of the stores. However, not knowing what it was made of or whether
it needed to be cooked a special way or whatever, I didn't get any.

Other folks have mentioned "Chinese sausage" on this list before. So
what is it? Does it taste different? How is it best used? And is
there something I should know or avoid when picking some out?

If you see this before Saturday afternoon and reply, could you please
copy me by email? I'm on the digest and might not otherwise see it
before I leave on my errands tomorrow.

Thanks,
   Stefan
(Someday I'll remember to write down where I got various items.
Right now, I'm not sure which groceries to go looking in)

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net