[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Dessert Competition documentation

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Apr 1 23:53:11 PST 2002

MD/Marged said:
> No doubt someone will make something chocolate, or some other heresy. I
> will be happy, thrilled even, that that someone has gone to the effort
> to make something and haul it to Coronation. I will be even happier that
> the serious cooks make something stupendous, sumptuous, stunning and
> completely within SCA period parameters.

Hmmm. Too bad that the Outlands are so far away.

Okay, anyone in the Outlands? See this file in the FOOD-SWEETS
section of the Florilegium:
chocolate-msg     (40K)  2/28/00    History and description of early chocolate.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/chocolate-msg.html

There are documented, period chocolate recipes in here. And I believe
the Spanish or the Spanish colonalists might have even drunk them as
a dessert like item.

> really, really hoping for some truly outrageous entries

I think this could be done rather stupendously. But if it is a
populace favorite thing, there are other, more traditional desserts
in this section which might work well.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net