[Sca-cooks] avocado honey

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 2 12:58:16 PST 2002

>Well, you're not alone, with sweetening avocado. In my
>last note from Paul Buell, he said that one of the
>Vietnamese kids he's tutoring puts sugar on his
>avocados...
>
>Phlip

Avocados are FRUIT and are eaten as such in Southeast Asia and many
other parts of the world.

Pilipinos make avocado ice cream - and you can find it in Philippine
food markets in the US. Avocados are in blender fruit drinks in
Indonesia and in Morocco, too (i had some in Marrakesh and in
Tangier). In Indonesia they also make drinks by mixing water and some
sort of sweet syrup (one has many choices among many scary
fluorescent colors) and putting over ice along with various fruit
bits.

One of my favorites while i lived in Indonesia was plain syrup with
shredded young coconut (hard to get in the US, but not impossible,
mostly you find OLD coconuts, though), chopped ripe jackfruit, and
chopped avocado.

Anahita
fan of avocados in almost any form