[Sca-cooks] Pineapples

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Wed Apr 3 16:13:10 PST 2002

> AFAIK, they were eaten rarely.  I suspect they were eaten raw, but I've
seen no evidence of how they were prepared.

> > Just as a wild speculation, would/could the idea be supported that
theSpanish Ambassador to England gave them as a gift, or had their cook
prepare them for a meal in their quarters at the English Court? What
> > about Queen Catherine? She was a Spaniard.

    I think I just combined two posts  -- Nonetheless,  I did some
researching a couple years back about Pineapple.  It is indigeneouas to the
Caribean  and Colombus did bring it back to Spain on all his voyages.  The
pineapple itself can stay "fresh" {edible} for a very long time, so it could
have survived the voyage home, esp if it was more green than golden.

    Caointiarn