[Sca-cooks] Message from the Mari creature.... (OOP - occassional food references)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 4 10:24:22 PST 2002

>Hi Everyone!
>
>Well - I'm just back from Rowany Festival (held in Sydney Australia) and
>all
>of 14 hours drive from sunny Brisbane
>
>Weather was ick! - for the first 3 days (wed to Sat) resulting in

>The Cooks Guild of Lochac AGM went very well - new charter passed and plans
>are afoot to work on upgrading our ranking systems at next years AGM (no
>real mentoring or testing of learned skills in the current system so we
>plan
>to revise things to higher degree of skills).  General member category
>added
>(for those that don't wish to be competative or attain rankings) and a very
>pleasing unanimous vote to include anyone from New Zealand (part of Caid)
>into our Guild if they wish to join [we've had one or two inquiries from
>there in the past year and it will be nice to be able to include *everyone*
>that wants to belong]
>
>And now I have plans afoot to work on some new recipes and finalising the
>menus for the two upcoming events I'm cooking for (one a newcomers feast &
>tourney lunch, the other an Arab feast)
>- oh and marzipane subtelites to
>play with too! :-p  [Olwen - I am planning on getting one of those
>disposable cameras and promise to take pictures of anything that looks
>remotely appealing]
>
>Huggles all
>
>Mari

Hi Mari!  Sounds like you had quite a time of it at Rowany.  It isn't fun to
sleep in a wet bed, that's for sure.

I don't understand what you are saying about your cooks guild.  Can you
explain it to me better?  It sounds like you folks compete for merit badges
or something.

I sure hope I get to see some of the marzipan work and other work that you
and others down there do!  You all know me, a picutre is worth a thousand
words.
Olwen