[Sca-cooks] Feast Experiments

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Apr 4 23:42:15 PST 2002

Serena da Riva said:
> I have been experimenting with dishes for an upcoming feast. One of the
> things I am working on is the Oven Cheese Pie, called a Toledan from the
> Anon Andelusian. This is my second try.

Oooh. Neat. Period "baked brie"!

Can you post the original recipe translation?

Why did you choose those particular two cheeses? And why the mix of
two cheeses?

Please keep us informed of your experiments. This dish sounds like it
would be a wonderful item for SCA and even better for mundane pot
lucks. Yes, I sneak period food in when I can...

How stretchy does this cheese end up getting? I'm wondering just how
easy this dish is to eat without forks and with just a spoon and knife.
Particularly if shared in a "mess". Sounds pretty messy to me. :-)

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net