[Sca-cooks] Feast Experiments

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 5 08:08:15 PST 2002

>I have been experimenting with dishes for an upcoming feast. One of the
>things I am working on is the Oven Cheese Pie, called a Toledan from the
>Anon Andelusian. This is my second try.
>
>I took 5 oz of Queso for quesidilla cheese and 1 oz of brie weighed sans
>rind.
>I whirred them really good in the food processor and then patted it into a
>ball. I put the ball in the middle of a piece of saran wrap and wrapped it
>loosely. Then I patted it out into a disk and put it into the fridge.
>I took 1/2 a sheet of store-bought puff pastry & rolled it out good until
>it
>was big enough and then put the cheese in the middle. Folded the pastry up
>around the cheese and then cut a hole about the size of a nickle out of the
>top. I crimped & squished everything really well & then painted with melted
>butter. Lastly I sprinkled some anise seeds in the hole. Baked @ 350
>degrees
>for 25 minutes.
>
>Just for Olwen I took a picture of how it came out.
>http://www.mindspring.com/~tripper/Toledan.jpg
>
>I think that the puff pastry is just too puffy and is not stiff enough.
>Tomorrow I am going to try it with crescent roll dough.
>Glad Tidings,
>Serena da Riva

Ah!  My little plan is working!!  People are actually taking pictures!!!
I just love you folks.

The cheese pie looks good enough to eat.  How did it taste?  What does the
original recipe call for for the pastry?  Let us know how the second attempt
goes and include another photo please.
Olwen the grateful