[Sca-cooks] Taillevent

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Apr 6 00:12:15 PST 2002

Andrea Boroughs asked:
> Hi, I saw on your website that Taillevent's book La Viandier is available
> on-line.  How do I find/access it.  I'm doing a presentation in Culinary
> School on him and I'm despertelly searching for information.  Recipies, 14th
> Century French history and cultures, etc.  If you know where I can find any
> information please let me know.  I need help!!

Uh oh. By website, you wouldn't have by chance, been looking at my
Florilegium website would you? What you have posted to is the SCA-Cooks
mail list, but no matter, this is probably a good place to ask and
much of the food material in the Florilegium originally came from this
mail list.

If you haven't looked at it, you might want to look at this file in
the FOOD-BOOKS section of the Florilegium:
cb-rv-Taillvt-msg  (9K)  7/14/99    Reviews of books having Taillevent's recipes
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/cb-rv-Taillvt-msg.html

There might be some information on Taillevent in this file in the
FEASTS section:
p-cooks-msg       (43K)  3/18/02    Comments on specific period cooks.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/p-cooks-msg.html
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net