[Sca-cooks] Re: Boy Scouts and the SCA

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Apr 6 14:03:23 PST 2002

Rosine said:
>    They're banning Wiccans? Good gravy. I was a Cub Scout leader, then
> Leader trainer, then Boy Scout Roundtable Staff, then Wood Badge... then
> found the SCA and didn't have time for Boy Scouts

I believe that Liam(?) drew too broad a picture here. The Atheists
and the homosexuals the BSA has come out against. On the other hand
there may be some local prejudice that does discriminate against
Wiccans and other non-mainstream religions in his local area.

Because of their stand on atheism and homosexuality, I no longer
support the BSA.

Mark S. Harris
Eagle Scout with 4 palms
Vigil member Order of the Arrow

(While we have used Girl Scout Camps in my area, the Boy Scout
camps are closed to outsiders)

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net