[Sca-cooks] SCA Chirurgeons article?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Apr 6 14:16:17 PST 2002

Avraham said:
> > Has anyone ever written a good introductory article about the
> > SCA Chirurgeons/system? What they are. What they are not. When
> > they should be used. When not? How someone interested can get
> > involved. A description of the structure and this guild system?
> > Where to get more information.
>
> The Chirurgeon's Handbook is available from the SCA Office.

That is probably a good, ultimate referance. But I think only those
with a specific interest in the Chirurgeons will seek out and order
that volume.

I'd like a short article that would introduce the Chirurgeons to
the newcomer or someone who has heard about the organisation but
doesn't really know what they do, except they are there at the big
events they attend.

Something that is short enough to get republished in local newsletters
would be nice, since any such publication would further spread the
information.

At the same time, I see no reason why a short introductory artical
and a medium length one that goes into more depth wouldn't both
be nice.

I do think that if someone writes the articles I have in mind, that
they should definitely referance that volume, perhaps describe it
and tell folks where to get it.

In no way am I trying to replace the Chirurgeonate, nor am I
trying to make the Florilegium a place for official pronouncements.
There are better places for that. I'm just trying to get useful
info out to the regular SCA folks. And perhaps in this case, interest
some into looking into the Chirurgeons further.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net