[Sca-cooks] movie night at the rock

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Apr 10 09:14:47 PDT 2002

At 10:40 AM 4/10/02 -0500, you wrote:

>My bad, I was flashing on the hamlet...
>
>I totally forgot they were in much ado together as well. I need to rent that
>again, that was a fun version.

>the quote starts here:
>>'Much Ado About Nothing'. That way we get Kenneth and Denzel in the same
>>bite! Um, er... uh... (sorta food content!)
>
>Hup hup! WHERE? He was in Hamlet (Fortinbras- OH BABAY! In uniform yet!)
>but I don't remember him in Much Ado...

Except it wasn't Denzel in Hamlet. The ambassador Voltemand was played by
someone named Don Warrington. Yeah, I've never heard of him either- but he
got all of one line. Denzel wouldn't have done it.

Nick Farrel was brilliant as Horatio though. I really admire his work.

Another movie Ken was in but didn't direct- and was totally repellent in
(!;-) was Othello. Laurence Fishburne was absolutely *electric* in the
title role. And Ken made a brilliant Iago... the guy that played Cassio
looked like every other SCAdian...

Yeah, I'm biased- I think Ken has a gift with the Bard. He seems to lose
his center when he strays.

Cousin Bob ;-)