[Sca-cooks] Greetings

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Apr 10 10:55:46 PDT 2002

At 12:05 PM 4/10/02 -0500, you wrote:

>Greetings to the Lords and Ladies,
>    I'm new to this list and looking to doing my first feastacrat event in
September, I'm in need of advice from those that have done feast or know
about Moroccan cooking.  Thank you for any information that can be given.
Sincerely Aurore

Nifty! A new vict- er, member! ;-D)

You seem to have stepped in during one of our sillier times. Not to worry-
we do actually talk about period food! (And pretty men... ;-)

First off, I would check out this really cool encyclopedic collection of
files at:

http://www.florilegium.org/

Stefan has put together things from all over- email lists, articles,
bibliographies, FAQs, etc. There is a good-sized Food section, and in there
is recipes, menus, arguments about ingredients, articles about serving,
articles about being Head Cook (I'm sure others will tell you what the list
thinks of the term F****crat!), and planning and such. 'LainieBob says
check it out!

Next, look at Cariadoc's _Miscellany_, webbed at:

http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/miscellany_pdf/Miscellany.htm

There's a whole bunch of Islamic dishes in there, along with really good
hints for doing a feast.

And quite a bit of information of all kinds in the SCA-A&S Cooking page at:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/food.html

If His Grace Cariadoc pops up to comment- *listen to him*. He has a wealth
of experience along with an amazing knowledge base, and you could do much
worse than to follow his lead.

Also on this list is Anahita, who is making quite a name for herself doing
Islamic food. She may have ideas about feasts that come from a relative
newcomer herslf!

And when you have specific questions, don't hesitate to ask the list! We're
a weird bunch, but we like to help, and you will always get more than you
asked for!

So sit down, laugh and learn, and have a good time! (And whatever you do-
do NOT give Olwen your address! ;-)

'Lainie