[Sca-cooks] movie night at the rock

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Apr 10 17:11:28 PDT 2002

Also sprach Avraham haRofeh:
>  > 'Lainie and Avraham should go together to see him in "Gods and
>>  Monsters" for a somewhat atypical version of Brendan Frasier.
>>
>>  Maybe a simultaneous renting of the video (if such exists) and some
>>  kind of online chat function?
>
>Rent, nuttin'! I own the DVD. Brendan Frasier AND Ian McKellan? They'd
>DEFINITELY revoke my card if I didn't own it. :-)
>
>Avraham
>
>Of course, I still haven't gotten around to WATCHING it....

I assumed the theme would have had them revoking your card if you
didn't watch it the first day you had it. McKellan plays the great
director James Whale, who tried to live openly as a homosexual in a
fairly intolerant Hollywood, right around the time Somerset Maugham
was having the same problem as a writer in England, and ultimately,
effectively exiled. In Whale's case, it appears to have contributed
to his death, one way or another.

Adamantius