[Sca-cooks] Chickens

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 10 19:47:37 PDT 2002

--- "Harris Mark.S-rsve60"
<Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com> wrote:
> Phlip said:
> -----
> At the moment, I'm dealing with another challenge.
> The
> ducks have been having such a good time playing in
> their water dish, that they're flooding out the
> chicks
> beneath, so I need to figure something out....
> -----
>
> Put the chicks on the top level and the ducks on
> the bottom. That'll teach the ducks! It's got to
> pretty bad UNDER the chickens... :-)

Can't- duck cage is smaller than the chicken cage, and
ducks are both smarter and more creative than
chickens. For one thing, the ducks have developed a
game of skill- distance pooing. They wiggle their
tails, and see how far they can sling it.....

Furthermore, they are convinced their water feeder is
just a small bathtub. When I cleaned their cage,
they'd managed to empty 3-4 gallons of water into the
bottom, which was leaking out of their cage, and
drowning the chicks. Quite a mess, to clean that up.

Left them in the bathtub all day, alternating full of
water, and empty with food and water. They emptied the
water feeder in 5 minutes flat, and were finger,,,,
er... webfoot painting with the food.

Meantime, Houdini is commentating at full volume
because his human wasn't paying attention.... nothing
like being bossed around by half an ounce of fluff and
attitude.....

Phlip, the fluff-riden.....

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,