[Sca-cooks] Southern cooking, was yippee - oop, ot

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 11 07:25:03 PDT 2002

I eat grits with butter or jelly.  I also eat hominey baked with cheese.
For some reason (I suppose the lye treatment) I can eat these without the
adverse reaction I get from corn, hense, no cornbread.  I cook Southern and
Northern BBQ quite well.  I put fatback in with the greens (instead of bacon
grease) along with a little grains of paridise and hotsauce.  But
chicken...chicken is probably my favorite.  I eat chicken every way I can
think of.  Anyone ever try it double dusted and rolled in shredded coconut
and fried??  My my.
Olwen