[Sca-cooks] Chickens

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 11 08:38:03 PDT 2002

--- Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> wrote:

> What about pulling a lawn and leaf bag part under
> and part way up the sides
> of the duck cage?  It would contain the spill-off
> and the spray.

Leaf bag is too small. Besides, the floor of the duck
cage is removable, and intended to be reasonably water
proof- it's just that the ducks are a bit more
creative than that....

OTOH, Houdini is rapidly becoming housebroken. He's
discovered I don't like being pooed on- in fact it
tends to cause him to be put back in his bowl for a
while. He just deliberately flew/flopped down from my
shoulder to poo on my knee. At least he's trying. Now
if he'd just quit falling asleep on my knuckle, and
trying to fall into my coffee.

BTW, the chicks are really growing. When we got them
Saturday, they WERE just about half an oz- now, upon
looking them over, they're up to about an ounce, with
nice feather growth on their wings. Not that being
bossed around by an ounce of fluff, feathers, and
attitude is an improvement......

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,