[Sca-cooks] movie night at the rock

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Apr 11 17:39:08 PDT 2002

At 04:51 PM 4/11/02 -0700, you wrote:

Ooh, Huette, you mentioned the God-Movie, Howard's End...

One of my very favorite of Emma's performances (that and Sense and
Sensibility). She is alway so calm, composed, gracious. But you see the
crack when she breaks for abit in front of the mirrot upstairs? And then
she goes down and shows out her guests with her usual smiles...

Ok- my theory is- I don't care for Helly's work because she reminds me too
much of me- all edges, brittle, uneven, too intense and a bit histrionic.

Emma, on the other hand, always comes across as the sort of woman I aspire
to be- in the mold of Margaret Schlaegel or Elinor Dashwood. Maybe I'm not
hard-wired that way, but I can hope.

They do say that we hate most in others the things we loathe in ourselves...

(I want Margaret Schlaegel's clothes!)

'Lainie