[Sca-cooks] More from Paul....

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 11 22:11:44 PDT 2002

--- "Craig Jones." <craig.jones at airservices.gov.au>
wrote:
> I'd be happy to.  Did you send him the redactions I
> sent to the list
> yesterday?
>
> Drakeyboy.

I think he liked your redaction of mastajhi soup:

Sounds reasonable to me. In fact, I think this version
is more or less the
right way to cook the dish. Did he use real Mastajhi?
There is imitation
stuff around. Yes, this is interesting stuff. Continue
to forward. I will
share with Anderson. Buell

Since you got such a nice compliment, I thought I'd
share it with the List ;-) I did tell him you probably
used real mastajhi, since it's a fairly common
ingredient in Medieval cookery. I think he's having
trouble making the mental transition between scholars
who cook, and cooks who study and frequently redact
medieval recipes.

Did you post another redaction? I only saw this one,
from yesterday.....

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,