[Sca-cooks] Old in the SCA

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Apr 12 11:36:13 PDT 2002

At 10:56 AM 4/12/02 -0700, you wrote:
>'Lainie wrote:
>>Now Fleig- THAT'S a Geezer!
>
>Older than dirt...
>When rocks were soft...
>But, actually, he's really a curmudgeon...  hard and crunchy on the
>outside, with a soft heart...
>see, almost food content...
>Anahita
>who sees Flieg quite frequently... at Bratchet every Wednesday, where
>we West Kingdom heralds review all the names and arms submissions
>from the other kingdoms...

I first met Flieg 10,12 years ago, at an A&W War. He was so polite and
courtly in manner to me (maybe it was the fact I then weighed 105 and was
wearing a closely cut cothardie?) that I decided that Dukes weren't all
that bad and that Western Peers might be ok! Sweet guy, pleasant to chat
with. Sitting in court at the War this year, he and I were sitting about 10
feet apart, exchanging sotto voce asides- being really quite bad. It was
great fun!

It is my estimation that people that are happy with themselves and
comfortable with their place in the world will have a gentle sense of
humour- and no matter what age, they are just more fun to be around. I
would love to have people say that of me in a few years, when I can truly
aspire to Geezerdom...

'Lainie