[Sca-cooks] Finding "period" Apples

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue Apr 16 06:40:57 PDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, A F Murphy wrote:

> Nothing is ever more than I want to know! *G* (well, almost nothing...)
>
> You have to come to New York State, especially in the fall. We have
> apples that are apples - northern spys, jonathons, ida reds...
>
> Anne

Ha! Haralsons and HoneyCrisp for me. Real apples.

Not like I'm automatically pro-Minnesotan apples or anything, but I used
to live in central NYS, and I still like Minnesota apples better. OTOH,
it's very hard to get Silver Queen sweet corn around here, and we're too
far north for peaches and cherries.

Margaret