[Sca-cooks] RE: Chinese Redactions as promised :)

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Tue Apr 16 17:40:01 PDT 2002

Thanks darling.  As recipes go, it looks a little a little odd.

I assume that the Jiu-yao contains both Koji (which will be turning
the Rice Starch into Glucose) and Wine Yeast (which will be turning
the Glucose into Alcohol)?

I have some Sake instructions that are fiendishly complicated compared
to this little gem of simplicity...  The sake recipes separate the
fermentation process into a mash (using Koji) and a ferment (using
yeast), with up to 4 additions of mash into the main ferment.

Back to the recipe below, I assume the glutinous rice referred to is
the standard one like I use to make "Mangoes and Sticky Rice"?  and
now I have the Rice Yeast Balls... I'm all set... Kewl...

I'll try this one first and move up to Sake.  I assume when they are
referring to Rice Wine Lees, that they are talking about what is left
over from the second fermentation after the wine/sake has been
filtered through cloth.  I'm doubting that that will remain after the
wine has been removed from the recipe below will be useful.  Right?
Maybe?

HappyHappyDrakey.