[Sca-cooks] Verjuice, Verjus, Vergis

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 16 17:54:54 PDT 2002

Greetings,

I too just ordered verjuice from an online source.
http://www.navarrowine.com/main.php
When you get yours & I get mine we can compare notes. For reference they
charge $8.50 for a 750ml bottle (I do not know how that compares in size.) I
ordered 1/2 a case so I got a 5% discount and the shipping charge for 6
bottles was $16. I am planning on doing some pickling so I need a good bit.

The man on the phone was very nice and answered the questions I had. He said
as long as it is unopened it will keep like wine, but once opened it needs
to be used within 4-5 days. He also suggested if I cannot use it all in that
time period that they freeze it in ice cube trays & defrost just as much as
they need - it doesn't effect the taste. (I had to talk to him because their
website couldn't figure out that what I was ordering was non-alcholic and
therefore OK to ship to GA.

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva

<snip>

Howdy. I just ordered 2 bottles of verjuice from a company called French
Feast out of NYC.

URL for those interested: http://www.frenchfeast.com Price seemed decent,
shipping a little high. $9.00 each for  two Domaine du Siorac · Verjus  25.4
fl oz bottles, plus $7.00 shipping.

Cheers

Aoife