[Sca-cooks] Re: Chocolate yogurt

Lis liontamr at ptd.net
Thu Apr 18 04:51:24 PDT 2002

>That's okay. I'll eat the chocolate yoghurt and you can eat the
>raspberry and peach flavors. (Yuck). :-)  Hush, Phlip. I like
>garlic too, but I don't think I'd like it in yoghurt, either.
>THLord Stefan li Rous

OK Stefan, I have to consider that a challenge. Yoghurt and garlic. One of
my favorite combinations.

Yoghurt Chicken
Recipe from: Lew Wolkoff/Eleazar ha Levi, many years ago at Pennsic the
fellow who wrote the Jewish CA gave me this recipe, to which I have added a
few things:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup plain yoghurt
4 cloves garlic, finely minced (or more to taste)
1 med onion thinly sliced
1/4 cup Fresh Chopped Herbs of choice, containing some Sage, Cilantro and
Thyme
Salt and pepper to taste

Non-stick spray to prep grill/pan (or use butter or olive oil)

Marinate the chicken breasts in the remaining ingredients (except non-stick
spray) several hours or over night. The longer it goes, the better it will
taste. When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the yoghurt. Spray grill
or pan with non-stick spray (or if you're really decadant, use a big 'ol
glob of butter or olive oil) and grill over medium heat until cooked,
turning once. Don't be fooled by a false browning--the yoghurt will cause it
to brown slightly faster.

Recipe can also be used ona ssorted chicken parts and baked int he oven---be
sure to remove skin, as it hinders the marination and doesn't take to the
yoghurt and heat well.

Chicken will be exceptionally tender and flavorful.

Take That!

Aoife