[Sca-cooks] yippee - oop, ot

Liam Fisher lordofmisrule at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 18 19:10:48 PDT 2002

Hey now, that's not true.  I think you're mistaking the backyard meat
sacrifices to unknown gods as cooking....

Northern barbeque is usually pit cooked over higher heat (we're more
impatient than other folks) and basted instead of rubbed or marinated. It's
best done in large batches too.

The way we did it growing up was we had a garden sprayer that we used for
just barbequeing. We'd put
water, cider vinegar, salt, pepper, spices, and olive oil in it and spray
the meat with it now and then as it was cooking over the pit.   Spices
change with what you're cooking.

When the meat was done, THEN you get the homemade barbeque sauce.  Can't
stand the commercial stuff.

Cadoc MacDairi
Mountain Confederation
Shire of Blak Rose