[Sca-cooks] glossary and measurements

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Apr 21 11:53:14 PDT 2002

1 kappa = 5 liters.  The Swedish version is 1 kappe = 4.58 liters.

The ferfet is Icelandic and is a square fet.  1 fet = 31.39 cm.  1 ferfet =
approx. 985 sq. cm.  So there should be about 10.15 ferfet in 1 sq. m.  BTW
the fet is slightly larger than the Danish fod, which is slightly larger
than the Norwegian fod.  They are all equivalent to the U.S. foot, being
between 1.02 and 1.03 foot in length.

It sounds like a book to add to the shelf with my CRC.

Bear