[Sca-cooks] garlic butter?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Apr 23 03:23:03 PDT 2002

Also sprach Dan Phelps:
>  > And then I saw it was the _evidence_ that may not exist. Well, ok. Maybe.
>  > But I'll bet someone somewhere did it. Cause I can't imagine not having
>>  garlic butter...
>
>In reply I write:
>
>Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

True. But a) it is still absence of proof, and there's no reason to
adopt an innocent-until-proven guilty approach to an academic
question (and, of course, there's also no reason not to, either ;-),
except) b) that it still affects probability in that an existing
phenomenon generally leaves a trace.

Adamantius, returning you now to your regularly scheduled logical sequence