[Sca-cooks] Mongolian BBQ

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Apr 24 09:27:31 PDT 2002

At 04:04 PM 4/24/02 +0000, you wrote:

>AEduin, I'm glad you didn't say big wok, otherwise all Chirharts household
>would be known as Blackstar mamasan or papasan.  He owns several big enough
>to cook a small child.
>Olwen

Ooh...

Seven or eight years ago, in a Salvation Army in Eugene, I saw this...
Thing. Big, heavy, dark wood table, roughly octogonal, about six feet
across and about eighteen inches off the floor, maybe twenty-four. Studded
all over with black nailheads, bit of old leather, dyed black, on the
corners. In the middle was a big hole, and in the hole was a wok about
thirty, maybe thirty-six inches across. Looked handmade. There was a couple
of big spoons in it too. I couldn't figure out how the wok was fired, and
how to keep from setting the table on fire, but I kept looking at it and
thinking what a kick-ass party that would be! Take it to the war, get a few
Westies drunk and... no wait. I don't think what I had in mind is legal...
anyway, I didn't get it. It was too big to fit in the van, too big for the
500sq ft apartment, and I didn't have the $50 anyway. *SIGH* I hope whoever
got it appreciates it...

'Lainie
-maybe if I'd raided the kids' piggy banks...