[Sca-cooks] The tastiest grape leaves

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Apr 24 15:13:04 PDT 2002

It's rice that has switched faiths. You tend to find less Jewish converted
rice, for instance, because the requirements are so strict. In colleges
you tend to see more neo-pagan converted rice, and in the SCA you have a
lot of neo-Norse converted rice.

Other people might simply think that it was this (from the Academic Press
Dictionary of Science and Technology):

converted rice   Food Technology. a type of enriched rice made by
parboiling whole grains at 70C for about 10 hours, thereby leaching
vitamins and minerals into the endosperm; the rice retains much of its
nutrient value even when milled and polished.

Margaret