[Sca-cooks] Not that Strange, was: It's quiet in here

Patrick McKinnion patgund at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 25 21:02:04 PDT 2002

On 4/25/02 4:12 PM, "Barbara Evans" <mathilde at borg.com>  sat on a tribble,
which squeaked:

> There is a recipe for Spam sushi in _Culinaria USA_, in the Hawaiian food
> section. I can get you a copy if you like! :-)

    Closest I've found has been this recipie.   Mind you, I would leave the
green death....err, I mean avocado off of it.....

Hawaiian Spam Roll
Spam strips, fried or broiled
1 cup chopped pineapple
1 Avocado
Sushi rice
Teriyaki sauce (add a little ginger for flavoring)
Nori
The innards of the roll should consist of the avocado and pineapple.
Assemble sushi roll. Place the spam strips along the top of the finished
roll. Cut the rolls and then finish with a glaze of the teriyaki sauce.

    Spam Musubi seems to be the most popular varient though, something like
a riceball with fried spam around it.

    - Padraig o Connell

Cry "Bother", and let slip the Poohs of Heck.....