[Sca-cooks] Re: Attracting & retaining new members (was mascopone)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Apr 27 22:49:16 PDT 2002

Mari wrote:
(Olwen wrote)
>>Unfortunately, our Barony is e+tremely shy of single males over the
>>age of
>>about 25.  That is just too untrained for me.
>>Olwen who wishes they would start recruiting.
>
>>We seem to have the same problem over here in River Haven
>>(Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) - anyone know any particularly >>good
>>recipes for attracting and retaining the singles out there...? :-)

Well, if you are actually serious about recruiting new members, and
whether they are handsome manly types will depend upon the pool you
have to draw upon, you might check out some of the suggestions given
in this file in the Florilegium:
recruitment-msg   (43K)  5/18/00    Recruitment ideas. bringing in new members.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/recruitment-msg.html
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net