[Sca-cooks] Chocolate yogurt

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Apr 29 05:19:05 PDT 2002

Also sprach Avraham haRofeh:
>My standard local grocery store sells a "pocketless pita" which is a good
>approximation. You can (at least in America) get "beef gyros".

Are these in fact gyros, which would be the equivalent of shwarma or
even the more common lamb meatloaf stuff cooked on a vertical
rotisserie, or are you talking about souvlaki? I ask because some
people consider them interchangable. I've never seen or heard of beef
gyros (unless you count those odd little frozen flat sausage-y things
you can sometimes get in diners and coffee shops, and sold as gyros),
but I've seen souvlaki made with chicken, pork, veal, lamb, and beef.

If you can find the genuine boneless
lamb-breast-stacked-alternately-with-slices-of-fat-on-the-skewer-gyro,
the kind that's reelly reelly bad for you, that is some very serious
food. I have a recipe for that someplace, which can allegedly be
cooked on a charcoal grill for those that don't have a proper gyro
machine. Which is most people...

Hey, maybe I've finally found a good use for that silly
[non-vertical] rotisserie my lady wife bought!

Adamantius