[Sca-cooks] Marzipan, was War with AnTir

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue Apr 30 05:53:51 PDT 2002

> > > Gee, if you come to *my* playpen I can show you how to do it out of
> > > marzipan.  But who's surprized?  Actually, it would be cool if I could
> >get a
> > > small child to lie still long enough to encompass with just her head
> > > sticking out or foot or something and present it in court...hmmm are
> > > alligators period??
> > > Olwen
> > >
> >AFAIK crocodiles are period, as they inhabit the Nile.
> >
> >You could probably get a small child to hold still long enough for their
> >hand/arm to be molded in marzipan.
> >
> >Margaret
>
> Oh yes, but I was thinking of a full size crocodile with a child inside!
> What an entry that would make into court!
> Olwen, who has enough marzipan makings to *do* that!

I was thinking of a full-sized child's arm model. Depending on the child,
you might be able to build the crocodile in parts, with an internal
framework, so you could quickly (relatively) assemble the critter so as to
present it without having said child attempting to lie still for four
hours or whatever.

At least that's how I'd do it--wire mesh framework with marzipan over it,
so it could be hollow inside to accomodate the child (and possibly a
ticking clock...).

Margaret