[Sca-cooks] Stefan's files for August

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Aug 4 00:25:11 PDT 2002

Greetings Gentlefolk,

Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for August detailing what
is new in the Florilegium this month.

Please remember that I am always interested in getting new articles
for the Florilegium, especially about arts and subjects that
aren't currently covered in the Florilegium. Many things are
useable besides articles such as bibliographies especially annotated
ones and even class handouts. Many class handouts such as those
prepared for Pennsic or Estrella classes are useable without the
class itself. Since I take updates if you wish to replace the
handout later with a more formal article, you may do that in the
future.

For those that might be attending Pennsic this year, I will be there
again this year and will be camping with SPCA in W10 by the Orluk Oasis
next to the lake, if anyone wishes to drop by and discuss the
Florilegium or anything else.

Stefan

-----------------
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past thirteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting
bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and
articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this
information available to others, I have placed this information in
a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in most sections of the
website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word or text formats.

If you find a bad link or other problem with the Florilegium website,
please let me know. Once I know about a problem I can usually fix it
that day but if no one alerts me to a problem it may be months before
I notice it myself.

I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me
for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.

    THLord Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan at florilegium.org
    Ansteorra                             mark.s.harris at motorola.com

The new files for this month are:
under CLOTHING:
   2Shod-a-Shire-art  "To Shod A Shire" by Lady Eowyn "Eo"
                         Swiftler.
under FOOD:
   baked-cheese-msg   Period baked cheese dishes.
   blancmange-msg     A medieval rice dish composed principally of
                         rice, almond milk and chicken.
under FOOD-MEAT:
   ribs-msg           Period rib recipes.
under FOOD-SWEET:
   molded-foods-msg   Period and modern molded foods. Molds.
under HERALDRY:
   Field-Herldry-art  "Field Heraldry" by H.L. Alden Pharamond.
under SCA-INC:
   2b-Chirurgeon-art  "So you want to be a Chirurgeon"
                         by Philippa Ferraria.
   The-Peerage-msg    Thoughts on the Sca Peerage and Peers.
under TEXTILE ARTS:
   Couching-art       "Couching - a Simple Way to Decorate"
                         by Lady Katerina da Brescia.

Here are some of the files which have had significant additions this last month:
   cheese-msg         Medieval cheese. Recipes.
   chocolate-msg      History and description of early chocolate.
   fd-Russia-msg      Russian food. Russian cookbooks.
   grains-msg         Medieval grains. Recipes. Cooking.
   rice-msg           Period rice. Recipes.

For those traveling to Pennsic this year, perhaps some of the files in the
Pennsic or the SCA-Camping section might be of interest such as:
   camp-ovens-msg     Small period and SCA camp ovens.
   camp-showers-msg   Camp shower ideas for outside SCA events.
   Eatng-Pennsic-art  "Eating in (Period) Style at Pennsic" by
                         Lord Bogdan de la Brasov, CW.
   Fire-Book-art      Baron Durr's Guide to Safe Fire Use.
   Pennsic-water-msg  Dealing with the Pennsic drinking water.
   P-Food-Safety-art  "Pennsic Food Safety" by Andrew MacRobb.
   ticks-art          Article on tick prevention.
   trash-storage-msg  Useful ideas on storing trash in camp.
---
Copyright 2002, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
the contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the
publication. Notification may be by email and reformatting is allowed.

<end>
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net