[Sca-cooks] Two food allergies

Patrick McKinnion patgund at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 12 10:46:53 PDT 2002

    Got a bit of an odd question here.

    Was spending time with a lass I've recently become very fond of.    Was
discussing recipes with her, and found out she has two food allergies.

    One is to strawberries.  Since I don't use them in anything I make,
that's easy.   The other, however, is beef.   And I'm a major beef eater.

    While I can use ground turkey in places where there's ground beef
normally used, (and she does eat pork and lamb), I'm trying to figure out
other ways I can substitute for beef in recipes.   Any ideas?

    - Padraig o Connell

"You know your leftovers have been in the fridge too long when they apply
for canton status."