[Sca-cooks] new lows in looking for work

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Aug 14 11:46:56 PDT 2002

Hi guys!

I just had to share this with you- I can't believe it myself-

I get a lot of slim envelopes int eh mail- the ones that say "thank you for
your lovely resume- we hired someone else but we will keep your application
on file incase another position opens or the custodian empties it..."

But the one I got today takes the cake.

E-mail, no message, but a Word attachment. I recognized the address as one
I'd applied to, and opened it, thinking it was job description. Nope- it
was the 'thank you for playing' letter. And worse, she'd sent it to
20-something people, all in the To field- not a BCC! So now I have the
addresses of all of teh other also-rans, adn they have mine! God, I hope
they don't pick up any virii anytime soon!

I still can hardly believe it...

'Lainie
still jobless in Portland...