[Sca-cooks] Question about appropriate Andalusian wheat....

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Aug 15 06:46:27 PDT 2002

Hi.
One of the recipes I'm playing with for our Harvest Court in October is
called "Pieces of Iron," which is a sweet made with wheat which is first
toasted, and then ground into flour and combined with the other
ingredients.
I'm wondering, though, what would be the most appropriate type of wheat
to use? A softer wheat berry, or a harder one? Anyone know or have
reasonable ideas? Would it make that much difference? It's not going
into a bread, where gluten might be more of an issue....
Thanks,
Maire