[Sca-cooks] Haggis as a projectile weapon (true!)

Ruth Frey ruthf at uidaho.edu
Thu Aug 15 11:50:33 PDT 2002

	Greetings!  After a little while posting regularly,
life has gotten busy, and I've been reduced to only reading
this group as an occasional lurker -- so if this info is a
repeat, beg pardon.  But it's waaaaay too good not to pass
along, and worth the risk of repetition.
	In my recent research on haggis, I turned up the
honest-to-God real (pro, even) sport of haggis tossing.
There's a great tutorial on it at the Learning Channel site,
complete with a quiz at the end.  It's all presented with
an admirably straight face, I might add:

http://www.learning-channel.com/showme/index.htm

The word is that there's even a planned demo of the sport
at the upcoming 2004 Olympics -- I *must* get a tape of
that . . . !  :)
	I guess it shouldn't be too unexpected from the
country that gave us deep-fried Mars bars -- but puir Robbie
Burns must be spinning in his grave!

		-- Ruth