[Sca-cooks] Re: *Is* this a cooks list? and more

Kristina L Klingler kristinaolaffsdotter at juno.com
Fri Aug 23 23:46:45 PDT 2002

> This is mostly the manic daze that surrounds Penssic.
> Stick around, things should get back on topic soon as
> we head into the holiday feast season.
> Bear

Thank you very much for answering my question, Bear.

I don't believe in my first post I stated that I expected *no* off topic
posts.  I'm not an unreasonable person.  I was merely asking a question
as to determine whether or not this list is for me.  I'm not asking any
one, let alone an entire list, to change to what I would like.  And a dry
scholarly list is NOT what I'm wanting.
I'm surprised people jumped to assumptions and saw me as critical instead
of inquisitive, although I'll chalk it up to one of those
misunderstandings that happen when the world turns to text.

So I'll give it another go...
I should probably start with introducing myself with random facts.  Even
though it's OT and really boring  If you skip it, I won't be offended.
;)
My persona is from 1525 Uppsala, Sweden.  I'll omit the big long persona
story.  I've been in the SCA for 2 1/2 years.  I jumped in with both feet
and have already held 3 offices and in 48 days I'll be autocratting my
second event.  3 weeks after the event, I'll be moving out of state to go
back to school.  I'm the unwed Mama of a beautiful 2 year old girl.  AKA
The Golden Child.  [Kinda explains the lack of free time, eh?  :)]  I
don't measure anything when I cook.  I'm horribly conceited and arrogant.
 I'm in the process of becoming Kosher.  I don't like my elbows.  I'll
probably soon go back to lurking.  My weakness is Korean food and I'm
allergic to strawberries and pretty much anything that has hair or is
flammable.  Things that both have hair and are flammable are right out.
I'm currently in the Shire of Rudivale.  Baroness Iveforgottenhername (I
believe you brought artichoke puffs?) from Castel Rouge recently posted
something lovely about my food display at the Royal Progress.  It made me
get up and do a happy dance in my living room.  I'll soon be moving to a
little bitty town of about 5,000 people.  I'll still be in Northshield,
but there's no local group in that town.  I believe my closest group will
be Border Downs, about an hour away.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, topics I would like to see...
Well, how about late period swedish food?  Recipes?  Good sources?  In
english?  That don't involve herring?  Or cleaning products?  I've seen
some translations of 'Een lijten kockebook', but of course that's
slightly OOP.  And I'm looking for slightly IP.
If you don't get your venison for feast from hunting, where do you get
it?  I've priced farm raised deer, and they're outrageous.  Especially
kosher venison.  How on earth do you budget that?  Am I just spoiled by
living in a state where hunting is our #1 tourist attraction?

remember to change the subject line, trim your messages, and smile at
strangers...

Kristina Olåffsdotter aff Rejäl Fästningsgrej
No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood.