: [Sca-cooks] Range/toys (was Re: Woks

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Sun Aug 25 01:29:30 PDT 2002

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd replied to Margali with:
>>http://www.all4cook.com/detail.asp?product_ID=IDR-10
>>Personally, I could go for this, but that is roughly what I paid
>>for my car so I really don't think there is any way I could
>>convince my bank account to expand just for a new kitchen toy ;-(
>
> nice choice.  Except for the salamander section.  Having actually worked on
> these things, I must say, the salamander section placed where it is is
> really not optimal, and hard to use.  But that's just me.

I assume the salamander section is the little oven like thing on the right

below the grill. Why do you not consider this optimal? This looks like the

broiler under my oven. What advantages does having this seperate unit give
you?

Also, the ad says "ten open burners". I only see six on the left hand
side. Perhaps you lift off the grill to get to the additional four?

> The one thing i'm not sure why more folks don't go for it is an industrial
> dishwasher.  There are units that don'tt ake much more space than a regular
> household one, but it does an entire load in 90 seconds...  Were it my
> house, I'd be seriously looking into that :-)

Geez. Sounds like something from that "Home Improvement" show. Or the

competition about who could start their charcoal grills the fastest
and the guys who have been using LOX (liquid oxygen) to accomplish
this in a *very* short time.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net