SPCA- was Re: [Sca-cooks] Missive for Stefan

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Mon Aug 26 21:11:19 PDT 2002

Phlip commented:
> As far as cruelty to animals, we're very much opposed
> to that sort of thing, but I AM into butchering my own
> meat, as is Muiredach, and we do recognize that
> animals are living things which, properly handled,
> become food.

Ah yes. Like the four ducks at Pennsic two years ago. Who were

gradually being enticed closer and closer to camp with scraps of
bread and such and got the names, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Supper.

Didn't see them last year or this year, though...

Nor did we have our traditional roasted duck dinner with duck meat
enchiladas the following evening. :-(

Hey Phlip, how big are those ducks of yours, now?
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net