[Sca-cooks] A Cheesy Problem

Bethra Spicewell christina_elisabeth at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 07:27:45 PDT 2002

Greetings, All

 I'm once againg asking for the combined knowledge of the
Known World - both Cooks and Feasters.

I'm working up possible menus for a dayboard (lunch buffet)
for EK Crown Tourney.  The basics (anything marked *) are
pretty much set, but I'd like opinions on the following
choices.
--------------
ATrio of Pyes
   Tart of Chese (a cross between Lese Fryes and Another
Tarts from TTEM)
   Onion-Cheese Pyes (cottage cheese, eggs and onions)
   Pie Pan Spinach (cottage cheese,eggs & spinach)

*Cold Chicken
*Red Mustard
*Saffron-Garlic Sauce

*Gold & Silver Eggs  (Sweet Pickled Eggs & Plain
Hardboiled)
*Assorted Cheeses (Smoked Mozzarella and what ever else the
dealer has that looks good)

*Bread Basket -- (scali, rye and pumpernickle loaves and
white? rolls)  with PLAIN butter

*Carrots, Celery, Olives, Pickles

*Almonds & Dried Cheries
Raisins
*Apples
Shrewsbury Cakes  or Digby's Small Cakes

Lemon-Nutmeg Syrup or Clarea of Water
*Spiced Cider
*Ice Water
---------
My main question is -- is this too cheese heavy?  Will
there be a problem with dairy allergics going hungry?
I want everybody who comes to my table to be able to eat
well, carnivores and herbivores alike, but I don't want to
overload on anything. I may be able to add another meat to
the table - depends on supply.
I will have no access to a kitchen on the day of, so
everything needs to be pre-cooked, and served cold or
reheated with foil steam trays.
Any suggestions will be gratefully considered.

Thanks,
Bethra

=====
Christina Elisabeth de la Griffon Riant