[Sca-cooks] WAY off topic~computer as radio

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 27 08:16:05 PDT 2002

Excuse the bandwidth but there are so many of you that are computer folks I
just had to ask here.  Please email me privately with any responses at
olwentheodd at hotmail.com

Anyway, after returning from Pennsic I found I no longer had email at my
home computer.  The account I was using was someone else's and they shut it
off because of, well, whatever.  I then began experiencing odd, sporatic
problems with my phone which ended up being a radio reciever instead of a
phone.  I tracked this down only to find out that if I unplug the computer
from the phone line I then have a phone again with a dial tone instead of a
radio receiver playing music.  Last night I tried to install ATT again but
whenever I plug the telephone line into the computer, my phone line becomes
a radio so the program cann't dial out to get me hooked up.  If this makes
sense to anyone and you have any solutions I can try, please contact me.  I
would really like to have internet and email access at home again.

BTW, as I live in a warehouse, calling the phone company to trace the line
will not do much good.  Last time they came out I ended up with another
tenants phone line, he ended up with no phone, and someone else all together
ended up with mine.  Boy, *that* was a mess!
Lady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar
Bright Hills Cooks Guild