[Sca-cooks] Bouncing at 99main.com

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Tue Aug 27 10:33:46 PDT 2002

it kept bouncing posts.

Gunthar

Guys, I get my email through the following process:
I am subscribed at 99main.com, earthlink and my work email address.

The reason for the work email address is because our home dial up ISP
[99main.com] considers whatever server the list uses to be a spammer because
of reports by other customers. I know that ansteorra owns the server [or so
I remember being told] but that is neither here nor there. At one time I
convinced them to unblock the server, but within several hours I got a call
from them and they reblocked it. Ask Pug about that little trial effort. I
signed up my work addy so I could at least read the list as I detest trying
to read from the archives.

I have never deleted my 99main email address, because I am pigheaded.

The earthlink?
Well. My email address that I give out and use on webpage surveys and sign
ins and the like is 99main. I have spamcop.net pull my email off 99main
servers. They then filter it for viruses and spam. Then, my cable internet
provider earthlink pulls it off spamcop's server.

If I surf onto websites that I don't want anybody to know I go to, I go
through the subscription version of annonymizer.com. I also have a very good
firewall and 2 antiviral programs up and running, complete with
auto-updating. I generally have java and cookies disabled unless I need them
for one reason or another.

Phlip sees me getting my cooks list at home and probably figures that I am
getting it through 99main. I am not.
margali