[Sca-cooks] marzipan Arms

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Mon Aug 5 16:51:58 PDT 2002

Olwen said:
>>Let me propose:  Argent, a cat passant sable, an orle of ogresses.
>>White background, a walking cat, and black discs around the outline of the
>>shield a'la horseshoe nails.  She's a forceful person so maybe a
>>double-entendre in the appellation of "ogress"?  Maybe so, maybe no.  We
>>like
>>ogres, being "Shrek" fans, righties?
>>
>>Selene Colfox
>
> Something like that was going through my head as well, except I went with
> the more obvious red cat sitting inside a black upturned horseshoe.

I happen to like the more obvious horseshoe rather than the black

discs myself.

However, I think the cat inside the horseshoe is a considered a

charge on top of a charge, which is bad heraldry. Cat above a horsehoe
or a cat between two horsehoes might work, though. That latter is
a bit of "herding".

Stefan

(not a herald. I just do some paperwork for the Laurel King of Arms
office).

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net