[Sca-cooks] Re: Mario Nebbits. New topics for discussion...

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 5 17:32:28 PDT 2002

Last year I joined this list during War Week, in time for the discussion
of, I think, jello salads at Church Covered Dish Suppers. Worked well
for me, because I didn't know anything at all about medieval cooking,
but I felt comfortable jumping in to talk about things I did know about,
so that, when people came home and started discussing Real Medieval
Cooking, I had my feet wet, and didn't feel that I had to sit quietly at
the feet of the experts. (The Alternate Admin had met me and added me -
I sometimes wondered if she regretted it! "That woman never shuts up!
I've created a monster!" ;-) )

This year, I'm going to be at Pennsic during War Week...

Now, mincemeat pie. It seems to be that the name mincemeat comes from
Minced Meat (You know, the way Iced Tea is becoming Ice Tea, going the
way of Ice Cream...) Minced means chopped pretty finely. I don't think
it needs to be Cuisinart fine, that seems to be "Bray it in a mortar"
rather than "Mince" but I don't think big chunks are quite what the name
implies. Now, if I'm leaping to incorrect conclusions, please let me know.

Anne

Michael Gunter wrote:

> And I was away at Pennsic as well. That is why I now have
> an alternate list administrator as well as a closed list
> filter in order to greatly minimize such interruptions.

Massive snip...