[Sca-cooks] Re: good cheese of Aragon

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 7 15:03:16 PDT 2002

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 15:08:39 +1000
From: "Jones, Craig" <Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au>
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Sca-cooks] good cheese of Aragon

Folks,

What would you use for " good cheese of Aragon" in recipe 46 of Libro de
guisados.  I'm guessing an aged Manchego.  I can't get that down under
so I'm going to try sheep's milk Kefalotiri?

Opinions?

Drakey.

IIRC, "cheese of Aragon" is known today as Tronchon, and is a mild cheese
made of sheep's milk.  Kefalotiri shouldn't bee too far off, unless I'm
hallucinating.  I tend to use Parmesan, personally, but I tend do be
somewhat improvisational.  I figure, as long as it tastes good, what's the
problem?  Unless you're making something for an A&S competition, then
getting freakishly obsessive is merited.

Vicente