[Sca-cooks] Re: regional names for egg dishes

Erika Thomenius ldygytha at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 9 05:04:53 PDT 2002

>That would be Arn Hold, I think....IIRC, Mountain Home's part of the
>barony (primarily situated in Boise)....
>Thanks for the caramel roll idea....*sigh*....I'm very much in the mood
>for comfort food, and it's unseasonably cold here, and the idea of a
>warm, oversized, gooey caramel roll (pecans, thank you, and none of
>those nasty raisins), with *way* too much unsalted butter to spread on
>it, and a really good cup of coffee (or two) (or three, with the second
>roll <g>)...sounds perfect.....

Oh, my Finnish grandmother used to make these cinnamon rolls that were
FANTASTIC.  A sweet, cardamom flavored bread, coated with caramelized brown
sugar and cinnamon.  I believe the Finns call it Bostonikakku, or Boston
Cake, though I'm not really sure where the name comes from.

I am currently away from my cookbooks, or I'd post a recipe.

Gytha "<Homer> Mmmmmmmm... Bostonikakku.. </Homer>" Karlsdotter