Joke evolution: was, Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: regional names for egg dishes

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Aug 9 05:51:28 PDT 2002

At 06:38 AM 8/9/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Doesn't that depend on how late the chicken was up, writing bad puns on
>email lists? And as far as it being sauced, doesn't that seem to
>indicate some type of inebreation?
>--Maire, stretching for puns and most likely failing ;-(

Staying up late isn't all it's *cracked up to be- if you're trying to be a
*good egg and give the rest of is a *shell of an idea to pun from, you
might just be *feathering your nest. I'm feeling a bit *peckish, so I
should probably quit *cackling and find something to eat. Of course if
Edouard were here, I'd rather get *la- er, let's not go there- don't want
to *ruffle any feathers...

*Gee- eight in one post. Is that some sort of record?

Can't sleep, might as well pun-
'Lainie